Nothing sharpens the appearance of a home or business like fresh mulch applied to the landscape. Having the right amount of mulch is critical to the health of your flowers & shrubs.
In most beds, we install a thick (3") layer of mulch for optimal appearance and plant health. Landscape beds with dense flowers & shrubs will receive a lighter layer, and no mulch will be placed against any tree or shrub trunk, so there's no ugly 'volcano' mulching to detract from the appearance of your plants.
Beginning of the year mulching starts in April, and we can schedule our mulching before spring annuals are installed or perennials come up, to ensure that our work is quick, thorough and effective.
This is what thick mulch (3" to 4") will do for your landscape beds and around your trees:
Contact Apex Property Service for a free consultation and estimate.
- It will help retain vital moisture in the soil during drought conditions, so you spend less time and money watering your plants.
- It helps maintain a more consistent soil temperature throughout the year, protecting your plants from cold and heat.
- Mulch also helps to keep weeds from germinating and becoming eyesores.
- It adds to the curb appeal of your home.
- As it organically decomposing, mulch aids in replenishing the nutrients in your soil.
- Mulch helps prevent water from running off of slopes.
Mulching is one of the most beneficial practices a homeowner can use for better tree health. Mulches are materials placed over the soil surface to maintain moisture and improve soil conditions. Mulching is one of the most beneficial acts a homeowner can do for the health of a tree.